Thursday, January 06, 2005

Too Old?

Don’t want to take my word for it that you’re not too old to race? Read what Coach Carl has to say on his web site. Here is an excerpt from Coach Carl’s page:

I get this question all the time: "Am I too old to start racing?" What I want to do is help you to analyze bike racing and age, and then let you answer that question for yourself. First, we know that the average person loses approximately one percent of their muscle mass by the time they are about 50 years of age which means that they don't have more than about 99% of their maximum strength potential of when they were in their early to mid 20's. That is on the negative side. On the positive side, we know that you can keep increasing your aerobic development long into life depending on when you get close to your top aerobic potential.

Read the full story…

Devil's Punch Bowl RR 4-30-05 Posted by Hello
My Photo
Name:
Location: Quartz Hill, California, United States

Powered by Blogger

Listed on Blogwise

Drop me an email at : biobob56@msn.com