Monday, August 01, 2005

Finishing the Season

So what are my plans for finishing out the season? Here they are:

California State Team Time Trial Championships on August 21, 2005.

CBR Racing Posted by Picasa

This will be the first time I’ve ever tried a team TT. I’ve got 3 other riders from the A.V. High Desert Cyclists Club as my team mates. Doug, Dave, and Steve. We’ve entered the 180+ age category – this means that our cumulative ages must be over 180 and no rider is under the age of 30. This is no problem as our youngest rider, Steve, is in his early 40s. The other cool thing about this race is that it is in our own backyard. The CBR TTT race is held in the city of Lancaster, check out the link above to go to the race web site.

San Ardo Road Race on August 27, 2005

This will be my last road race of the 2005 season. It has a special meaning for me as almost 20 years ago, when I was a young racer, I competed in this race. It was to be the last race I would ever do until my rebirth in racing this year. My wife, Esmeralda, was my girl friend way back then and was at this race as one of my two only fans. She had her young son, Alex, with her and they cheered me on from the side of the road. Esmeralda has been my wife for over 18 years now and Alex is a young man of 20 years in the United States Coast Guard. I can’t wait to see how San Ardo has changed…or not.

Like last year, I’ll finish out this year with some winter time trialing. Fiesta Island, in San Diego got it started, so I would like to return this October. I’m hoping to see how a strong year of training has improved my time trial time. Piru is also an excellent TT venue and I’ll do a few TTs there as well. The Nelson Landing Stage Race in Las Vegas will get here fast in 2006 – I need to be ready!

Devil's Punch Bowl RR 4-30-05 Posted by Hello
My Photo
Name:
Location: Quartz Hill, California, United States

Powered by Blogger

Listed on Blogwise

Drop me an email at : biobob56@msn.com